What we'll cover:
- Before You Get Started
- Setting up Solid Commerce for the Connection
- Connecting to eBay
- Half.com Setup (if you sell media on Half)
- Related Articles
Before You Get Started
When we auto-import your listings from eBay, we only import active listings.
We use the Custom Label from eBay as the SKU in Solid Commerce.
It is important for each listing to have a unique Custom Label in eBay. If several listings share the same Custom Label, we will import the first listing normally. When we import the next listing with that same Custom Label, we will add its Listing ID to the first listing. We will not recognize it is a different product, so it won't import as a separate listing. This can cause issues with prices, quantities, titles, and other listing information.
If you sell variation-style listings, each variation item (child item) must have its own unique Custom Label.
Generally, it is best if the listings on each marketplace use the same SKUs. However, if your listings don't have Custom Labels, or the Custom Labels don't match the SKUs on your other marketplaces, there are several ways you can align your listings. Please contact your Implementation Manager to review your unique situation.
Setting up Solid Commerce for the Connection
Before you connect to eBay, you need a Warehouse (or Vendor Inventory List), an eBay Market List, and a basic eBay Listing Rule.
Please see the Related Articles section if you need assistance creating a Warehouse, Market List, or rule.
Connecting to eBay
1) In the Marketplaces menu -> Marketplaces Setup.
- Make sure the eBay tab is selected.
There is no Save button for the eBay Marketplaces Setup page. Each section is saved independently by clicking on its Update button.
2) eBay Connection section:
- Enter your eBay Seller ID.
- In Start Sync Orders from DT, enter a date and time in Pacific Time.
You can import your orders even if you aren't importing your listings yet. However, without your listings, we cannot properly recognize the items in the orders. This can make fulfillment and shipping difficult.
If you don't want to import your orders yet, you can set the Start Sync Orders from DT to a time in the future. If you are ready to import your orders, set the date and time to the present.
- Click the Update eBay user ID button.
- Follow the instructions in the pop-up window to step through the eBay connection process.
- If no window appears, enable pop-ups from Channels Manager in your browser. Click the Update eBay user ID button again.
3) eBay Auto Import Setup:
- The Custom Label field on your eBay listings will import as the SKU in Solid Commerce.
- Before you import your listings from eBay, you must verify that each listing has a unique Custom Label. If you sell variations, you must also ensure that each variation on your listings has a unique Custom Label. For instructions on modifying Custom Labels in your eBay account, please refer to eBay’s documentation.
- We recommend consulting with your Implementation Manager prior to importing from any marketplace. Because each marketplace structures data differently, the information that imports differs per marketplace. Your Implementation Manager will assist you with a customized import strategy so that you can capture as much data as possible from each of your marketplaces.
If you're ready to import:
- Check the Automatically insert new products from your eBay account checkbox.
- Select your:
- Warehouse name
- Market list name
- Import pricing rule
Use a basic fixed-price rule as your Import pricing rule.
- If you are new to Solid Commerce, we recommend importing your listings with the Default automation status set to: Start NOT Automated.
With the automation off, Solid Commerce will not communicate with eBay. We will import orders, and track quantities, but we will not send quantity or price updates to eBay.
Once you are certain that your Solid Commerce inventory is correct, and you know how to manage inventory, prices, and listings, you are ready to turn the automation on.
- To automate your products, go to your eBay Market List in the Inventory Manager, select all of your imported listings, and click the Start Automation button.
- If you need to import listings on an ongoing basis, return to the Marketplaces Setup page, and change the Default automation status to: Start Automated.
Once you turn the automation on, make all quantity and price adjustments through Solid Commerce, not directly in your eBay account.
4) eBay Non-paying Bidders Setup:
- We recommend leaving this option unchecked. You can enable the Unpaid Item Assistant directly in your eBay account to take advantage of all of their automation options. For more info, see eBay's Help: http://pages.ebay.com/sellerinformation/seller-protection/unpaid-items.html.
- If you'd rather set it up here on Solid Commerce, check the box, enter the number of days without payment, and click the Update Non-paying Bidders Alert button.
5) Setup PayPal:
- In the PayPal User ID field, enter the email address associated with your PayPal account.
- Log into your Business or Premier PayPal account.
- Go to the Profile menu -> Profile and settings
- Click on My selling tools in the sidebar menu.
- Click on the Update link for Instant payment notifications in the Getting paid and managing my risk section.
- Click on the Choose IPN Settings button.
- Paste the following URL in the Notification URL field:
- If there is already a Notification URL for another system, and you aren't using that system anymore, paste the Solid Commerce URL over it. If the URL is for a system you are still using, leave your instant payment notifications as they are. Solid Commerce will receive payment updates directly from eBay, they just might take slightly longer.
- Select the Receive IPN messages (Enabled) radio button.
- Click the Save button.
- You can also access these instructions from the Click here for instructions link on the Solid Commerce eBay Marketplaces Setup page.
- Back in Solid Commerce, click on the Update PayPal User ID button.
Half.com Setup (if you sell media on Half)
Half.com is a marketplace dedicated to media products (books, video games, DVDs). You can ignore this section unless you sell on Half.com.
If you sell on Half.com, select a connection option:
- Most sellers use the same seller name on both eBay and Half.com. If you do too, select the My Half.com seller name is same as eBay radio button.
- If you have a different seller name on Half.com, select the My Half.com seller name is NOT the same as eBay radio button and enter your Half.com user ID in the field that appears.
- Click the Update Half.com user ID button if you have changed any of these settings.
To import your live listings, you need to export them from Half.com and import them into Solid Commerce via Excel.
- Creating a Warehouse
- Creating a Market List
- Creating an eBay Listing Rule
- Listing a Product to eBay Using a Spreadsheet
- How to Update/Create eBay SKUs