What we'll cover in this article:
- Before You Connect to Bigcommerce
- Setting up Solid Commerce for the Connection
- Creating an API Account in Bigcommerce
- Connecting Solid Commerce to Bigcommerce
- Troubleshooting the Automated Listing Import
- Related Articles
Before You Connect to Bigcommerce
We highly recommend consulting with your Implementation Manager before you import any listings or orders into your Solid Commerce account.
You can still connect to your Bigcommerce webstore, and create new listings, without turning on the auto-import function.
Setting up Solid Commerce for the Connection
2) A pricing rule is needed for Bigcommerce too (see Creating a My Store (MyStore) Pricing Rule).
Creating an API Account in Bigcommerce
To connect your Bigcommerce account to Solid Commerce, you will need to create a new Legacy API account. If you run into any trouble, please consult Bigcommerce's support. To create your new API account:
1) In Bigcommerce's new UI: Log into your Bigcommerce admin console -> Click on the Settings menu at the bottom of the sidebar menu -> Click on Legacy API accounts in the Advanced Settings section.
In Bigcommerce's old UI: Log into your Bigcommerce admin console -> Click on the Setup & Tools menu at the upper right-hand side of your admin panel -> Click on Legacy API accounts in the Advanced tools section.
2) Click on the Create a Legacy API Account button.
- Input a Username.
3) Click the Save button at the bottom of the page.
4) Keep the Legacy API page open. You will need to paste the API info into your Solid Commerce account.
Connecting Solid Commerce to Bigcommerce
1) In Solid Commerce, go to the Marketplaces menu -> Marketplaces Setup.
- Click on the My Store tab.
- Select Big Commerce from the Please select your 3rd party store drop-down menu.
- Click the Configure 3rd Party Store button.
2) Go back your Bigcommerce Legacy API page.
- Click on the Gear icon to the right of your API account -> Select Edit from the drop down menu.
- After the edit page loads, copy the Username.
3) In the Big Commerce section of the Solid Commerce setup page:
- Paste your Bigcommerce API account Username into the Solid Commerce User ID field.
- Copy and paste your Bigcommerce API Path into the Solid Commerce Access URL field.
- Copy and paste your Bigcommerce API Token into the Solid Commerce API Key field.
4) Use the calendar and clock icons to enter a Start Sync Orders From DT. Use Pacific Time.
5) Auto Import Setup:
If you're not ready to import yet, click the Save 3rd Party Store Changes button. You're done for now.
If you're ready to import, follow the steps below.
- Check the Automatically insert new products from your Big Commerce account check box.
- Select the correct:
- Warehouse name
- Market list name
- Import pricing rule
- If you are new to Solid Commerce, we recommend importing your listings with the Default automation status set to: Start NOT Automated.
- With the automation off, Solid Commerce will not communicate with Bigcommerce. We will import orders, and track quantities, but we will not send quantity or price updates to Bigcommerce.
- Once you are certain the quantities in Solid Commerce are correct, and understand how to manage your inventory, prices, and listings, you are ready to turn the automation on.
- Go to your Bigcommerce Market List in the Inventory Manager. Select all of your imported listings and click the Start Automation button.
- If you need to import listings on an ongoing basis, come back to this Marketplaces Setup page after you turn the automation on. Change the Default automation status to: Start Automated.
The Get Unpaid Orders option:
- By default, Solid Commerce will not import orders until after payment has been verified.
- If you want us to bring in orders before payment has been confirmed, check the Get Unpaid Orders box.
- Click the Save 3rd Party Store Changes button.
The connection is complete.
Troubleshooting the Automated Listing Import
If your listings aren't importing, try the following:
1) Log in to Bigcommerce to see if your items have Product Codes or SKUs. SKUs allow us to accurately identify items and sync product data. We cannot import listings that don't have Product Codes or SKUs.
- If you need to add SKUs to your products, please consult Bigcommerce's support article: https://support.bigcommerce.com/articles/Public/Product-SKUs/?q=adding+skus&l=en_US&fs=Search&pn=1.
2) We cannot import listings that you aren't managing inventory on. If your Stock Level in Bigcommerce is N/A, you will need to add stock so that we can import your listings.
- Creating a Warehouse
- Creating a Market List
- Creating a My Store (MyStore) Pricing Rule
- Creating New Listings on Bigcommerce Using a Spreadsheet