This article walks you through the process of creating a Warehouse as part of setting up your Solid Commerce account.
If you have suppliers that drop ship orders to your buyers for you, or send you daily consolidated shipments, you will probably want to create a Vendor list for holding those items.
The Vendor list is similar to a Warehouse, but offers a few additional capabilities. To learn all about how Solid Commerce defines Vendors, and why you would want to use a Vendor Inventory List, see the article: Creating a Vendor and Vendor Inventory List.
What we'll cover in this article:
Creating a Warehouse
1) In the Products menu -> Inventory Manager.
2) Click the Add button.
- From the drop-down menu, select New Warehouse.
3) Enter any name you want in the Warehouse Name field.
- Most people choose a simple name, or name it after the street or city the warehouse is actually located in: Warehouse or Main St Shop.
- Warehouse Name is the only required field.
- Click the Add New button.
4) If you want to organize your products into more than one warehouse, repeat steps 2 and 3.
Viewing Your Warehouse
To see the warehouse(s) you added, expand the list of Warehouses by clicking the + sign.
- What is that forward slash in the parentheses all about?
In a new warehouse, nothing shows between the parentheses. Eventually the parentheses will fill in with two numbers. The number on the right of the forward slash is the number of products in the warehouse. The number to the left is the sum of the inventory of all the products in the warehouse.
- In this example, there is a total of 44 products that have 616 pieces of inventory in stock.
- If you want to hide the tree list to get more space to interact with your inventory, click the Hide Tree button.
- Creating a Vendor and Vendor Inventory List (this is described briefly in the introduction to this article)
- Editing or Deleting a Warehouse, Vendor Inventory List, Market List, or Vendor