What we'll cover:
- Handling Returns and Refunds
- The Process for Cancelling Orders
- Cancelling Orders in Solid Commerce
- Cancelling Individual Items From Solid Commerce Orders
- Related Articles
Handling Returns and Refunds
If a buyer needs to return or exchange an item, they will contact you through the marketplace or webstore where they placed their order. You should manage the return process directly through that marketplace or webstore.
If you would like to document the return, you can add a note to the order in Solid Commerce (make sure to click the Add button on the far right). You can also create a custom order status to classify the shipped order as a return or partial return. Finally, you can update the inventory in your Warehouse if you need to return the item to stock.
Solid Commerce doesn't process any financial transactions. You will also want to handle any refunds directly through the originating marketplace or webstore. Notes and custom order statuses can be used if you would like to document the refund in Solid Commerce.
The Process for Cancelling Orders
1) Cancel the order directly in Solid Commerce before cancelling it in the marketplace.
This allows you to control whether the item(s) will be added back into inventory.
NOTE: When you cancel an order in Solid Commerce, we do not send the updated status to the marketplace or webstore.
The Cancelling Orders in Solid Commerce section directly below details the steps for cancelling an order.
2) Immediately cancel the order from the admin area of the marketplace or webstore that originated the order.
This will ensure the order status is correct in both locations.
Cancelling Orders in Solid Commerce
1) Go to the Orders menu -> Manage Orders.
2) Find order you want to cancel.
- If the order is marked as Shipped, select it and click the Void Shipments button. The order will move back to Paid status.
3) Select the order and click the Cancel Orders button.
4) In the Cancel Orders window, provide a reason for the cancellation.
5) Select whether or not you want to add the ordered items back to inventory in your Warehouse.
6) Click the Apply button.
You can view the reason later in the Order Status History window, which you can access by clicking on the clock icon next to any order.
The status of your order will change to Cancelled. If your original search included a filter for a different status, the order will disappear from your search results.
Cancelling Individual Items From Solid Commerce Orders
1) If you would like to cancel only certain items within an order, click on the SC Order ID number. This launches the order details pop-up window.
2) Select the item(s) within the order that you would like to cancel. Then click the Cancel Item button. This launches the cancel item pop-up window.
3) Select whether or not you want to add the ordered items back to inventory in your Warehouse.
4) Click Apply to proceed with cancelling the item(s).
This process cancels the particular item(s) you selected within the order, but does not change the status of your order.
5) If you would like, you can add a note to your order.
- You can do so by clicking on the notepad icon on the Manage Orders page, or by clicking on the SC Order ID number to open the Edit Order pop-up.
- Make sure to click the Add button on the far right when you are ready to save your note (it may be out of view if you opened the Edit Order pop-up window).
- Getting Started With Order Management- An Overview of the Manage Orders Page
- Creating and Using Custom Order Statuses
- Updating Quantity, Cost, and Storage Location