Solid Commerce processes files by reading our unique column headers. Below we'll show you how to add column headers to a template.
- Excel Template for Creating Products and Adding Inventory.xlsx - A basic template to use as a starting point for creating new products and adding them to a Warehouse.
- Excel Template for Updating Quantity.xlsx - Template for updating quantities.
- Both templates can be customized to meet your needs.
What we'll cover:
- Creating or Customizing a Template Using the Manage Excel Columns Tool
- Using Inline Help for Additional Guidance
- Populating, Uploading, and Saving Your Template
- Related Articles
Creating or Customizing a Template Using the Manage Excel Columns Tool
If you know which columns you want to include in your file, you can type the headers into a blank excel spreadsheet. You can also paste the headers from another file.
If you aren't sure which columns are available, or would like some assistance building your template, we have dynamic help built right into our Solid Commerce Excel Tool. Here's how you use Manage Excel Columns to create or customize an Excel template:
1) In Excel, create a new workbook, or open an existing template.
2) Go to the Solid Commerce menu -> Click on the Manage Excel Columns button.
3) In the Select field groups pane on the left of the Manage Excel Columns window, check the box next to the type of data you need to upload.
- In the Confirm pop-up, choose whether or not you want to add that group's required fields to your file.
- For more information about the three levels of information, see Understanding How Solid Commerce Organizes Data - The Three Levels of Information: Product, Inventory, and Marketplace.
4) In the list of Available Fields that appears, select any field you may want to use.
- A description of the field and any required valid values will appear below.
- Click the Add button to include the field in your Selected Fields list.
5) Use the Remove and Replace buttons to refine your Selected Fields list.
6) You can customize the order of the columns by clicking on the name of a field in the Selected Fields list and dragging it to a new position.
7) Click the Save button to add the Selected Fields to your file.
8) The order of your columns does not matter. You can cut and insert the columns in any order you like.
Using Inline Help for Additional Guidance
To turn on the Inline Help tool, go to the Solid Commerce menu -> Click on the Turn inline help ON button.
Here is what turning the Inline Help on does:
- Adds color-coded backgrounds to your column headers. Product fields are yellow. Inventory fields are orange. Marketplace fields are green.
- Adds descriptions to your column headers as notes.
- Provides drop-down lists of valid values for any fields that need to be populated from a set list of choices.
A NOTE ON SEARS: If you sell on Sears Marketplace, turning Inline Help on also adds the Convert Sears file to SC format button to the Solid Commerce menu. This button will convert the files you download from Sears into a format Solid Commerce can read. See the Related Articles for more details about Sears.
Populating, Uploading, and Saving Your Template
1) To populate your template, add information into the appropriate columns. Each product gets its own row on the spreadsheet.
2) To upload your file, go to the Solid Commerce menu -> Click on the Upload Data button.
- For more information and tips about uploading files, see Uploading With the Excel Tool - Quick Guide.
3) Once you finish your template, save it so you can use it next time you need to update more products.
- Understanding How Solid Commerce Organizes Data - The Three Levels of Information: Product, Inventory, and Marketplace
- Uploading With the Excel Tool - Quick Guide
- Creating and Using Custom Product Attributes
- Importing Listings From the Sears Marketplace Using the Solid Commerce Excel Tool
- Listing Products to the Sears Marketplace Using the Solid Commerce Excel Tool
- Updating Quantity, Cost, and Storage Location
The attachments from the top of the article: