This article covers the basics of viewing and managing your orders in Solid Commerce.
What we'll cover:
- Searching for Orders
- Customizing Your Order View
- Viewing Ordered Items
- Viewing and Editing Order Details
- Changing Order Statuses and Entering Tracking
- Related Articles
Searching for Orders
We a lot of powerful search filters to help you find the orders you're looking for. To view orders:
1) Go to the ORDERS menu -> Order Manager.
- By default, orders in PENDING SHIPMENT (Paid) load.
2) Click on the magnifying glass icon in the main menu bar.
3) If you are looking for a particular order, you can select a field from the Search drop-down.
4) There is also an Order Status drop-down. You can select to view more than one status at a time.
5) If you want to refine your search further, click on the All filters button in the search bar. Set your filter(s) and click APPLY.
- You can can remove individual filters by clicking on the X.
- You can also click the CLEAR ALL button to remove all advanced search filters.
6) If you want to use the same combination of filters again later, you can save your search by clicking the Save button.
- Your searches are available in the Saved Searches drop-down.
Customizing Your Order View
There are lots of ways to customize your view.
1) Use the Orders per page drop-down to change the number of orders displayed on each page of your search result.
- If you select Unlimited, all of your orders will load and you will have infinity scrolling.
- To hop around your search results, enter any page number in the Go to page number field.
2) If you would like to fit more orders on your monitor, click the Reduce row height button. Click it again to pack more orders on the page. Click it a third time to go back to the original height.
3) You can change the width of columns in the grid by hovering to the left of the column header. Click and drag the column border icon.
4) To sort by any column, click on its column header. To reverse the sort order, click on the header again.
5) To sort by additional columns, hold down the Shift key and click on the other column headers. The small numbers next to each header indicate their sort priority.
6) To change the columns displayed in your view, click on the Column Setup button.
7) Click the Add arrow to the right of any column name in the Available Columns pane to add it to your grid.
8) Click the Move Up or Move Down arrows in the Selected Columns pane to change the column's position in the grid. If you want to remove a column from your view, click on the Remove button (trash can icon).
9) Click on the Freeze/Unfreeze button to move that column to the top of the list.
- The snowflake will freeze the column to the left side of your view. Now it will always be visible, even if you have a horizontal scroll bar.
- You can freeze a total of four columns.
- The "SC ORDER ID" and "Order Status" columns are frozen by default. You can't unfreeze them.
10) When you're finished modifying the columns, click SAVE.
11) If you want to save a custom view, click on the Add New View button. Name your new view. Add columns to the view and organize them the way you want. Click SAVE.
- You can select your saved views in the drop-down menu next to the Reduce row height button. When you log out, the portal will remember which view you were using and load that same view next time you log in.
Viewing Ordered Items
By default, the search displays order information. Each order appears on its own row in the grid.
1) If you want to view the products that were ordered, select the Items tab.
2) Each item appears on its own row. Multiple item orders will appear on multiple rows in the grid.
- Order information that is shared by each item in the order, such as the order number or Ship To name, repeats on each row—helping you tell which items belong to the same order.
3) The items view offers unique fields. You can add and arrange columns to the items view by clicking on the Column Setup button.
4) Any item views that you save are separate from the orders views.
Viewing and Editing Order Details
There is a separate order details page for viewing comprehensive order information and making edits.
1) For a quick overview of the items in the order, click on the Order Items button on the left side of the grid.
2) To open the full order details page, click on the SC ORDER ID.
3) The Order Information tab provides a detailed summary of the order.
- You can edit the Shipping Address by clicking on the Edit Address button.
- You can also edit the Fees and Total by clicking on the Edit fees button.
4) The Payments tab displays the payment history.
5) If you selected a Shipped order, you can view the tracking number and shipment details on the Tracking Info tab.
6) You can add notes to the order by clicking on the Add Note icon on the Admin notes tab.
7) The Order history tab allows you to see a record of all status changes along with any notes that were added.
- Click on ADDRESS in the sidebar menu to view any updates that were made to the ship to address.
- There is a shortcut to the Order history view. Back in the search grid, you can click on the History button on the left.
8) Clicking on the Close Order button brings you back to your search results.
Changing Order Statuses and Entering Tracking
To manually change the status of an order:
1) Select the order by clicking the checkbox on the left.
2) Select a status from the CHANGE ORDER STATUS drop-down menu in the action bar.
3) Click CONTINUE in the confirmation overlay to finalize the status update.
4) If you select Shipped from the CHANGE ORDER STATUS drop-down, the confirmation overlay window will prompt you to enter tracking and shipment information.
- Check the Mark as shipped without adding a tracking number box to proceed without tracking.
- If you haven't shipped all of the items in the order yet, uncheck any unshipped items. The order will move to partially shipped status after you SAVE your tracking.
- If you have selected more than one order, you won't be able to enter tracking information.
- Click SAVE to finalize your status update.
- SolidShip (Web Solution) - Amazon Label Printing: Printing Pick Lists, Packing Slips, and Invoices
- SolidShip (Web Solution) - Amazon Label Printing: Exporting Orders
- SolidShip (Web Solution) - Amazon Label Printing: Printing and Voiding Shipping Labels
- SolidShip (Web Solution) - Amazon Label Printing: Processing Returns, Refunds, and Cancellations
- SolidShip (Web Solution) - Amazon Label Printing: Cancelling Your SolidShip Account