If you would like to manually enter a phone order, email order, or test order, you can do it through our user interface.
What we'll cover:
- Entering a New Order and Populating the Shipping Tab
- Adding an Item to Your Order
- Editing Your Prices and Fees
- Adding Payment Information
- Managing Order Status and Confirming Your Order
- Accessing the Original Order Creation Page
- Related Articles
Entering a New Order and Populating the Shipping Tab
To manually create a new order:
1) Go to the ORDERS menu -> Enter New Order.
2) On the Shipping tab of the New Order page, enter your buyer's information.
- Include the buyer's Name, Address, City, State, Zip Code, and Country.
- Also select a Buyer Requested Shipping Method from the drop-down menu.
3) Click the Continue button.
Adding an Item to Your Order
1) Enter a SKU or a keyword from your Product Name. We'll search all of your Warehouses and Vendor Inventory Lists, including linked Warehouses and Vendor Inventory Lists if you have joined Solid Commerce accounts.
- As the search results populate, the blue number in parentheses indicates how many of that item are available in the Warehouse. The Warehouse name appears just to the left of the parentheses.
- If an item is out of stock, it will be grayed out and you won't be able to add it to your order.
2) To add an item to your order, click the orange arrow to the right of the item.
3) If this is a multiple item order, enter another SKU or keyword in the search field.
4) On the right side of the pane, you can change the quantity of each item or click on the X to remove that item. Clicking the CLEAR ALL button will remove all of the items from your order.
5) When you finish adding items, click the Continue button.
Editing Your Prices and Fees
1) Enter the sell price of your item.
2) If you are offering a discount, you can enter the discount amount for each item.
3) You can also enter any other fees that you are charging the buyer, such as a shipping fee.
4) Enter a tax rate if you are charging sales tax.
5) The "ORDER FEES" line allows you to enter a discount or other fees for the entire order instead of for each item individually.
6) The subtotals and totals are calculated automatically. They will update if you change any of the pricing fields.
7) Click the Continue button.
Adding Payment Information
Our platform isn't designed to manage financial transactions. We don't connect to any third party payment processors (like Authorize.Net or Stripe). You will want to process your buyer's payment outside of Solid Commerce.
Any payment information you add to your order is for reference only.
Adding a payment to your order is completely optional.
To skip the payment step and proceed to the order confirmation tab, click the SKIP button in the lower right-hand corner of the page.
- If you skip this step, you can still update the order to paid (Pending Shipment) status when you confirm it.
To add a payment record to your order:
1) Select a Payment Method from the drop-down menu.
- Credit Card is the most popular option.
2) Enter a Transaction ID, Amount, and Payment Date.
3) Click the ADD PAYMENT button in the lower left-hand corner.
Managing Order Status and Confirming Your Order
1) Take a quick look at your order details to ensure they are accurate.
- If you need to edit any of the info, click on the pencil icon corresponding to the section you need to update.
2) By default, the Order Status drop-down at the bottom of the page is set to Waiting for Buyer status. If you want to choose a different status, click on Waiting for Buyer in drop-down. You can select:
- Waiting for Buyer
- Waiting for Seller
- Pending Shipment (Paid status)
3) Click the SAVE button.
Manually created orders are considered "My Store" orders, just like orders that import from a webstore. Your new order will appear in the order manager search and can be updated or shipped the same as any other order.
Accessing the Original Order Creation Page
To create an order through the original user interface:
1) Go to the ORDERS menu -> Manage Orders.
2) On the manage orders page, click on the Enter New Order button.
For full instructions, please see Creating a New Order Through Our Original User Interface.