Over time, we've been refining, optimizing, and improving the new order manager user interface. This week, we are going to bring it to all users. We're really excited!
We are also going to release a few other improvements related to the new order manager.
Webinar Recording (Added on 8/12/19)
To give people a better visual overview of the topics in these release notes, we hosted a webinar. Here is the recording. It is 34 minutes long.
The rest of these release notes were written prior to the release and webinar.
Here are some FAQs about the release:
- When Is the Release?
- What Changes Are You Making to the New Order Manager Page?
- What Are the Benefits of the New Order Manager?
- Will I Still Be Able to Access the Original Order Manager Page?
- Can I Manage Orders on Both Order Manager Pages?
- Can I Ship Orders Through Both the UI and the Desktop SolidShip Shipping Tool?
- To Print Labels Through the New Order Manager, Do I Need to Connect My Carriers?
- Can I Use Shipping Rules to Automate Label Printing Through the New Order Manager?
- To Continue Printing Shipping Labels With the Desktop SolidShip Shipping Tool, Do I Need to Make Any Changes?
- What Change Are You Making to the Order Manager UI for Shopping Cart Orders?
- What Is the Export History Panel?
- Related Articles
When Is the Release?
Thursday 8/8 12:00 AM - 4:00 AM (Pacific Time)
There won't be any downtime associated with this release.
What Changes Are You Making to the New Order Manager Page?
If you already have access to the new order manager, the only thing that will change for you is name of the page. When you go to the ORDERS menu, the new UI will appear as Order Manager instead of "Order Manager - Beta." The current "Manage Orders" page will be renamed Order Manager (Legacy).
For anyone who doesn't currently have access to the new order manager, welcome to the new UI!
After the release, all users will be able to access the new order manager through the ORDERS menu -> Order Manager. You can continue to access the original user interface by going to the ORDERS menu -> Order Manager (Legacy).
What Are the Benefits of the New Order Manager?
Here is a look at the new order manager to provide a visual reference as you read through the benefits:
The key benefits of the new order manager include:
- A cleaner look that saves space on your monitor.
- The ability to print shipping labels directly from the user interface.
- The ability to print labels for Amazon Seller Fulfilled Prime (SFP) orders.
- Paid orders automatically load on the page — no need to click search first.
- An Unlimited view in the "Orders per page" drop-down which loads all orders and enables infinity scrolling.
- The ability to reorder your columns and save custom views.
- An action bar at the top of the page that displays all buttons with unavailable options disabled.
- Improved order export.
- Tabs on the order details page, making the user interface much cleaner and easier to view.
- The search field is located in the top menu bar, giving you more room to view your orders. You can also save your searches.
If you would like to learn more about the new order manager, you can review the following articles:
- Viewing Orders and Changing Statuses
- Printing Pick Lists, Packing Slips, and Invoices
- SolidShip (Web Solution): Exporting Orders
Will I Still Be Able to Access the Original Order Manager Page?
Yes. You will have access to both order manager pages.
Eventually we will remove the legacy order manager from the portal. We will notify you at least 60 days beforehand.
Can I Manage Orders on Both Order Manager Pages?
Yes. You can manage orders on both pages.
Printing packing slips and pick lists works pretty much the same as in the original order manager. Exporting orders is super easy and the export file only includes the columns that you are currently viewing.
As best practice, we recommend managing order statuses for a specific order consistently from the same order manager page. If you update an order to a custom status in the new order manager, the legacy order manager will display the parent status, but not the custom status.
EXAMPLE: You have an order in Pending Shipment (Paid) status. In the new order manager, you update the order to a custom status named "Contacting Buyer." Contacting Buyer is a sub-status of Waiting for Seller status. In the new order manager, your order will be in "Contacting Buyer - Waiting for Seller" status. If you search for the same order on the legacy order manager page, it will be in "Waiting for Seller" status. You won't see the "Contacting Buyer" sub-status.
If you change an order to a custom status on the legacy order manager page, the custom status will be displayed on both order manager pages.
Can I Ship Orders Through Both the UI and the Desktop SolidShip Shipping Tool?
Yes. You have flexibility when shipping. You can ship some of your orders through the new order manager user interface and some through the desktop SolidShip Shipping Tool.
Orders will update to shipped status on both order manager pages regardless of how you ship them.
You can also print picking lists or packing slips through the new order manager and ship orders through the desktop SolidShip Shipping Tool.
To learn more about shipping through the new order manager, please see SolidShip (Web Solution): Printing and Voiding Shipping Labels.
To Print Labels Through the New Order Manager, Do I Need to Connect My Carriers?
The new order manager and the desktop SolidShip Shipping Tool work from different sets of carrier connections. To ship through the user interface, you will need to reconnect UPS and FedEx.
For Endicia, the new order manager supports Endicia Label Server (ELS) accounts. The new order manager doesn't support the older DAZzle type of account. Endicia prefers Label Server accounts for API communication.
Another advantage of having a Label Server account is that you can also open a free account to receive discounts on Priority, Priority Express, International First Class, International Priority, and International Priority Express labels. To learn more about the Commercial Plus Pricing (CPP) discount account, please see Discounted USPS Shipping FAQs.
If you have a DAZzle account, you have two options:
- Open a new account with Endicia through our legacy shipping carrier page. You will want to use a different email address than you use on your DAZzle account. This option allows you to try the new ELS account while keeping your DAZzle account running. You can then cancel your DAZzle account.
- Contact Endicia's support and ask them to convert your DAZzle account into an Endicia Label Server account. This seems to be hit and miss, so they may not be able to convert your existing account.
Label Server accounts work with the desktop SolidShip Shipping Tool, so there is no problem switching over. You will want to create a new carrier connection on the Shipping Connections (Legacy) page for your ELS account.
With Endicia, we can duplicate your old connection for you. You don't need to reconnect through the new shipping carrier page. If you want to print USPS labels through the UI, contact your Growth Advisor or one of our support representatives.
We don't plan on supporting Stamps.com in the new order manager.
Can I Use Shipping Rules to Automate Label Printing Through the New Order Manager?
Yes. You can use shipping rules to automate label printing through the user interface.
If you select one order to ship through the new order manager, the user interface displays the name of the automated shipping rule being applied to that order. If you select a batch of orders, the system will analyze each order in the batch on the fly and apply the correct rule as the labels print.
The new UI references a separate set of shipping rules than the desktop version of the SolidShip Shipping Tool. You can access the new rules through the ADMIN menu -> Shipping Rules. You will also still be able to view all of your existing shipping rules in the ADMIN menu -> Shipping Rules (Legacy).
To automate label printing in the new UI, create one or more shipping rules. If you want a new rule to use the same settings as an existing rule, you can reference your existing legacy shipping rule in one tab or window while creating your new rule in another tab or window.
To Continue Printing Shipping Labels With the Desktop SolidShip Shipping Tool, Do I Need to Make Any Changes?
No. You can continue to ship your orders the same way you do now.
Bringing the new user interface to all users won't break your current SolidShip carrier connections or shipping rules.
What Change Are You Making to the Order Manager UI for Shopping Cart Orders?
We are changing the name of the "My Store" Sales Channel to "Shopping Cart" to make it more specific. Orders from the webstores that we integrate with directly (Shopify, Bigcommerce, Magento, etc.) will be classified as "Shopping Cart" orders.
You will see the term Shopping Cart in the "All filters" search pane for the new order manager and on the new shipping rules page.
All of the current functionality will remain the same. Existing shipping rules that you already created in the new UI will be updated automatically.
What Is the Export History Panel?
The export history panel will allow you to review and download order export files that you generated from the new order manager page.
You will be able to access the order history panel by clicking on the clipboard icon on the right side of the menu bar.